Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tube Stations I Hate...

1.Monument/Bank
2.Bank/Monument
3.Monument/Bank
4.Bank/Monument

You get the picture right?! Absence often makes me forget just how much I hate that station, until fate intervenes and for whatever reason I have the misfortune of being stranded within the "Square Mile" with no other station immediately accessible. Then like the 'mugu' I am, I tell myself that it cannot possibly be as bad as I remember and so I take a deep breth and dive in. These are words that invariably come back to haunt me when I am spending 20 minutes on an endurance trek through that bloody rabbit burrow of a station just trying to get to the other end. Everything hurts, no wonder I was so skinny when I lived in London!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too - in fact all the stations on the Northern Line..

2:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah!! Bank is horrendous!! You walk through that tunnel FOREVER to connect to other lines & God help you if you're late already - you'll be fuming inside!!

I have an adage for the Northern Line:

"The day there are no delays on the Northern Line, then you know that something is indeed wrong"

I avoid Northern Line at all costs.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear God. It's obvious why the station has two names, it's meant to be two seprate stations !! Maybe even 3 !! Changing at Bank used to take more than the rest of my journey put together, you've brought back some horrible memories !!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Nkem said...

Green Park is another annoying one - whichever line you're tranferring to.

11:50 AM  
Blogger uknaija said...

I know...I never get off there if I can help it- ditto changing lines at Green Park...

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home