Monday, October 09, 2006

I'M BAAAAAACKK!!

After two months of erratic blogging and absenteeism, I finally have a moment to stop, smell the roses and get in some much needed blogging! It's been difficult because I've been hopping from city to city, Vegas, Boston, London, the Algarve, and now back to London for this week.

Portugal was excellent, I have a nice week long holiday with my two closest friends and we sucked up every last available ray of sun in an effort to brace ourselves for the winter. Now I'm back to London for the rest of this week, no more 5 euro pitchers of sangria..however I do have a decent internet connection for a change!

I took the oppportunity of being a beach bunny to some much needed catching up on some reading. I got through Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Half of a Yellow Sun and Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits. Both books while not quite beach-lite touched me and left me deeply moved. I was sorry not to have made myself acquainted with Allende's work sooner, and heartened by the fact that Adichie promises to be a literary tour-de-force. Both books drew such incredible parallels, and it is bizarre to read books that were written 20 years apart about 2 different countries on 2 different continents and see such amazing similarities in the brutality of human nature. Anyway, enough rambling. I just wanted to swing by to say.......I'M BAAAACK!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome Back Monef!! We missed U dearly and we're absolutely dying to hear about the 'Washington Apple'!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger NaijaBloke said...

Welcome back !!! ..must have been fun.

Anyway we r still waiting for the Washington Apple gist as calabar gurl said

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

velcome velcome velcome back! you were missed. u never even announced your departure... SHAMMMEEEEE!!!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

Wellycome back oh!!!!!!
Thought you had done a runner on us!
Nice to have you around me dear!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home