Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sizzling!!

Even my bitterness is having a hard time manifesting in the sweltering summer heat in NYC. I find myself desperately wishing for a reprieve...it is sooooo damn hot!! We're talking about feeling like it is in the 100's...and there is no relief in sight. My landlord hasn't had the apartment rewired yet so there is no AC either, my only solace from the sweltering heat arrives in the form of the hours spent at work. And yet whenevr I start to moan I think of those poor people in Beirut and am grateful that all I have to worry about is the lack of air-conditioning. It really helps you put things in perspective.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chxta said...

..and everyone says Israel is right...

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its pretty hot here today in London. Nice to put things in some sort of perspective. At least we dont have to hide from bombs...

7:56 AM  
Blogger chrome said...

yup aba boy, concur. 100 degrees in the city/its a pity

was gonna mention the Lebanon thing commenting in your last post. The Isreali government shall reap what they sow. such is the law of karma.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Chxta
And I say: "Israel is wrong!"

4:26 AM  
Blogger Nkem said...

Ive got the flu, if it's any consolation...

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant moan about the heat oh...i spend the whole year in sweaters under an umbrella...i'll take any opportunity to roam about in flip flops when it comes my way...cheers

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite interesting I must say. Everyday seems to present itself with an incident more catastrophic than the last. One can only wonder when the worst will come. The news has become an agent of darkness, spreading fear in many a hearts. I mean the easiest way to blow a high is to watch CNN. There is so much destruction in the world and the fact of the matter is that it will only get worse. I guess one can only pray that at the end of it all there will be a rainbow, to bring hope once again to this seemingly hopeless life that we all live...Mariante da 1st

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly!!!!!!!!! When you think you have no shoes, remember the man who has no legs.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing....

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home