Sunday, July 09, 2006

Muffled Silence

The anniversary of 7/7 stilled my pen...or keyboard, to be more accurate. As the hours went by and I had time to reflect on the brutal horrors of that day, the helplessness that was compounded by having an ocean between myself and my beloved city, I still didn't feel the release I needed. The outpouring of grief, remembrance, sorrow or memories. I was unable to find solace, words failed me. Many times, I turned on the computer but my fingers found no rhythm as they hit the keyboard.

Maybe it is because there are no words. There are only feelings, emotions run deep but remain indistinct. They are all blurred together, and I am unable to formulate a coherent sentence to convey what exactly it is that I am feeling. Perhaps it is enough that I do feel. In all the confusion, one thing retains clarity: We miss you, you will never be forgotten.

2 Comments:

Blogger chrome said...

7/7 was a strange day. there was a two minute silence. I wanted to feel for the day but I couldn't. I couldn't empathise with a situation caused by a mighty other. perhaps I'm thinking to much. and being cynical.

may the souls of the dearly departed rest in peace.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May their souls rest in Peace. And like Sokari said on my blog, let's not forget the thousands that lose their lives each day due to policies and actions that some might deem on par with those of the London bombers. Peace to all men and women.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home