Monday, January 23, 2006

Nigeria 1 - Ghana 0

In your face! The Super Eagles nearly gave me a heart attack today when I thought they were attempting to have the audacity to end their game against Ghana as a draw. Luckily, and yes I repeat it was pure luck, fate determined that we were not embarassed. The rivalry goes back as far as I can remember, but I don't care whether we scraped the victory or not. All that matters is that we won and they didn't! Funny how these football rivalries work, all logic and reason seems to fly straight out of the window!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I've been making fun all the Ghanians I know !!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

I know it's absolutely fab!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Monef, i love your whole style plus your blog. yep big ups to our Super Eagles. peace!

4:10 AM  
Blogger chrome said...

yup luck. all 35-yards-out screaming shot of it lol! saw cameroon vs togo today. again outclassed.

so these the countries reppin' afrique in the world cup? hmmm. nigeria and cameroon football federations should be ashamed.

nice blog

4:35 PM  
Blogger afrohomo said...

just discovered your blog from Nneka's...

Go Super Eagles, go!

Last summer, I worked at this midtown finance institution and the first thing one of the MDs asked me immediately he learned I am from Nigeria was: "Did the Super Eagles qualify for the World Cup?" I hung my head in shame. I can't wait for the glory days of the nineties to come back jo!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

@rush3k: I agree we are waaaaaaay better than them, but you know how the super eagles like to upset their supporters. There generally isn't much middle ground with us.

@obifromsouthlondon: I totally feel you on that. It also makes it difficult when people are under the impression that this is the best afrique has to offer! However, maybe the Super Eagles did need the ego check.

Everyone who likes my blog, thanks! Glad to be of service!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home