Monday, January 23, 2006

Alas, poor me...

Sinusitis has stilled my mighty pen (or keyboard!) for too long! In other words I've been rather ill, but I'm coming round now. Almost 100% again. It's been a fairly calm couple of weeks, with not much to report on the new developments front. The weather in NYC continues to behave schizo..frost one day..spring-type sunshine the next...torrential rain the next..can't seem to make up it's mind...it's a little like most of the men who pass through my life!

I seem to be missing the girls a little more than usual these last couple of days. I'm a litle more sensitive than I should be at the moment. Normally I can just take things people say about me in my stride, put them in perspective and move on. I have it on good authority that someone I thought was a good friend was speaking about me in a less than complimentary manner. It wasn't what was said, it was the way it was said. Without getting too caught up in the semantics of the whole thing, the general idea was that I am too deviant of the typical behaviour expected from a young nigerian lady of good social standing.

You know what though, just putting it down has made me gain perspective. To all those who think I'm too retro...too bloody right. I raise my index and middle fingers to you in salute!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr....who was it....there was a brave puppy once said....."Let me at em.....grrrr, let me at em!!!"

to whoever it was, get over it, you can never achieve the fabulousness that is our Efe, and you know it.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

Ha...see my peeps are testifying....dude I'm feeling the love from across the ocean!!

Frak the rest of the jealous ones!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

Eya, i hope your better now.
Yes oh Nigeria 1 Ghana 0, Yeah baby!
Abeg my dear, dont mind them oh! Nigerian girl with good social standing ke? Na wa oh, these peeps should stop judging and find time to better thier lives, maybe they will be much happier

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lolus =) said...

Ewo!..who wan try Efi?? They never hala! Apologies for the razzness- but when I'm vexed it tends to just appear out of the blue. I could say sooo much about that comment 'young Nigerian lady of good social standing'- who is this hating mofo in denial. :Hiss: No offence to my naija sisters who consider themselves to be 'typical naija girls'- girls if you are happy thats great..but as for you- Efi..all I have to say about such silly comments is thank God!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home