Monday, April 17, 2006

Who the hell kidnapped the damn Easter Bunny?

A little more American bashing (I love you guys, honest!)

What do you call people who ruin Easter fun? Are they also humbugs? If I say they are humbugs, then so shall it be. It is bad enough that Americans are forced to go to work on Good Friday and Easter Monday, as I get Good Friday off I really couldn't care less what happens to the rest of them! HA HA!

However, what good is all that when there are no glorious Easter eggs to share my joy? The selection available is pitiful. I have to spend $30 for some random Godiva confection that tastes like crap....where's the fun? And where's the present? I miss seeing the outlandish displays at Sainbury's, rows of Easter eggs in every form of chocolate known to Cadbury's with every gimmick under the sun. I don't really like chocolate, but there is something special about cradling that humongous egg in my arms as I get ready to devour it.....this year there will be no such fun. So all you ungrateful so and so's in London....be sure to make the most of it.

PS In case you couldn't tell......I am still sleep deprived in the dying moments of my tradeshow with about half an hour left to go. This sleep deprivation + boredom + easter egg rage has led to the above whinge. Indulge me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the LONG easter break. I'm campaigning for Easter Monday to be renamed.

I think it should be called, Good Friday, and Even Better Monday !!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

you don't like chocolate!!
i have to learn from you cos I just can't stop eating them

7:24 PM  
Blogger chibs said...

i gave up chocolate for lent. didn't keep my resolution for long, but i tried.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Monef said...

I don't really get the female obsession with chocolate.....i must be genetically deficient....I don't really like ice cream either!!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home