Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Grrrrrrrr

Begin rant: I cannot overstate how much technical support inthe USA annoys me. Having used tech support in the UK as well, I can officially say there is a massive difference. I have been trying sort out issues with my wireless network for weeks now, and finally after holding on for 2 hours on several occasions I managed to get through to a human being. Now having worked in many a call centre myself, I know exactly how these things work. I refuse to believe that there isn't a massive board with red blaring numbers urging these minions to get a move on! When I finally got through to someone, of course she couldn't answer any of my questions. It took me 5 minutes to get her to understand the concept of USB. For the first time in my life I understood what people meant when they said "it was like pulling teeth". And so after an hour and a half of explaining all the trouble I was having and realising I was getting nowhere, I decided to throw caution to the wind and reset the router. Voila! Wireless connection....D-link, thanks for nothing. Get thy dumbass call centre over to India with the rest of you compadres. Call me crazy, but I'll take a tech-savvy person in another time-zone over a MacDonalds reject who didn't graduate from high school anyday! Here the rant endeth!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Monef. Well and truly spoken

Dolance

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

I just got a job in tech support, but I'm sure my company is lot better than this.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

having worked in many a call centre, u should know better than to make such mass generalisations of call centre workers...mcdonald's reject who didn't graduate?

harsh i think

who will stand up for the call centre chickens rights?

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home