Monday, April 17, 2006

Somebody save me.....

I have the Monday blues with a vengeance .......Help!!!

I am currently sitting behind the UKTI booth at the New York Biotech Association Annual Conference. This is no way to spend Monday when you haven't had any sleep for the last 36 hours! Granted it was entirely my fault, but I'm not sure the punishment is fitting. This weekend was a blast. The majority of Americans do not get any time off over Easter, so I was very grateful for that extra day and a half even though I'm grumbling today. On Friday, I went over to visit the Iyayi girls and ended up heading to home that evening with Isi, Jumoke and Chantal were we proceeded to dance up a storm till 5am. This made rousing myself on Saturday rather tough, but there was no alternative as I was due to meet up with K and Ugoma in town. Eventually, I was able to make it happen and we did a spot of shopping before returning my place to get ready to go out yet again.

The evenings activities included an hour-long stint at a poetry night that never quite came together and a gallery opening that seemed unusually overflowing with sleazy old men culminating in Yomi J and I spending some QT at APT. Suffice to say another night with limited sleep passed by and before I knew it, it was Sunday and I had to spend a few hours in the office before heading off to Long Island for Easter dinner with K's fam. We returned to NYC late that evening and headed straight back out to Guesthouse, and then finished up in Bungalow 8 where we danced the night away with Sienna Miller, Lindsey Lohan and friends. Of course by this time it was 5.30 am and I was due at the office at 6.45 to prepare for the tradeshow, so sleep never quite happened!

I know this is the craziest post ever and there is probably no one outthere who has a clue what I just wrote, but this is what happens when you are sleep deprived and then decide to chase that with 10 hours of listening to scientists tell you how they are planning on changing the world.

PS. I wish I could allude the name dropping to sleep deprivation, but that was mostly because I am a show-off who loves to point out how fabulous I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home