Saturday, July 03, 2010

I said yes

He asked me to close my eyes and jump with him, into a world unknown to us.

He asked me to trust in him, now and forever more.

I didn't hesitate, I didn't think twice. Through streams of tears, with trembling hands, I knelt to meet him on the ground.

I put my hand on his as he remained stationary on bended knee. The word was a whisper upon my lips.

One word that changed our lives for ever.

One word with which I promised to cleave to him for all eternity...I said yes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer A. said...

Awww...congratulations. On your engagement right? :)

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on ur engagement! You write beautifully....was terribly moved by ur description. Congrats once again!

2:07 PM  
Blogger QuTe said...

Yay.. congratulations...

1:42 AM  
Blogger Monef said...

@ jaycee & Qu Te - thank you very much, I'm pretty excited!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

@Anonymous - wow, I'm blushing. Thank you, what a lovely compliment!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous ayo audu said...

..and a writer is born.

5:41 PM  
Blogger TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

awwwwwwww... Congrats. Wish u all the best and God bless

10:01 AM  
Blogger Olawunmi said...

congratulations niggie eeeeee!!!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

@ ayo - thanks, I feel compelled to write more off the back of that statement!

@ Adunni - thank you very much for your kind words and may God bless you too.

@ olawunmi - Niggie oooooo! You have come out of hiding? Thank you very much oh!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cake and Socks said...

Congrats!!! :)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home