Thursday, April 29, 2010

50 Books in 2010

I wrote in my last post about needing to read more this year. Well, in true Monef fashion, I felt the best way to achieve this was to turn it into a project. I really hate it when I don't achieve my goals, so I figured this would serve as a massive motivating factor. Colour me surprised, I have been able to set a goal and follow through.

Thanks to the wonderful folks at www.goodreads.com, I elected to take on a challenge to read 50 books...by the end of the year. Last year I read 7, this year I would like to read 50. Seems ridiculous right? I have a full time job that requires copious amounts of travel as well as all the mania that comes with living in the city. However, I have been amazed at what a difference a concious decision like that can make. So far I have read 22 books this year. I seem to still just about be on track to achieve my goals, but I will seriously have to up the ante when I take some holiday time in the summer.

So far I have read a good mix of stuff, some fluff, some serious, some just plain old fantastic literary fiction. I have also managed to fit in one classic so far which makes me pretty happy. I would love to post book reviews as I proceed, but you know how I can be with the blogging these days...erratic to say the least. That said, I will keep you posted on my exploits. I may very well go back and review all I have read so far, who knows? This is the list as it stands for your enjoyment!


1. The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson & the Olympians#4)- Rick Riordan
2. The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millenium #2) - Stieg Larsson
3. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olypians #5) - Rick Riordan
4. The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millenium #3) - Stieg Larsson
5. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
6. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
7. The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga
8. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
9. Naked - David Sedaris
10. Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
11. The House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros
12. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
13. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
14. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
15. The Thing Around Your Neck - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
16. The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde
17. Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
18. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows
19. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
20. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See
21. The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffennegger
22. I am the Messenger - Markus Zusak

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cake and Socks said...

Hi Monef, currently wrapping up
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows
i loved it!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Monef said...

It really was a brilliant book wasn't it?! Thanks for stopping by the blog, appreciate it!

3:04 PM  
Blogger harada57 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home