Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Annus Mirabilis

Is it too late to say Happy New Year? Probably, but when have rules or conventions ever deterred me? Happy New Year all. This time last year I laid out a series of intentions/resolutions that I intended to keep in 2008. Half of the things listed were tangible goals, the other half intangible. I will say that I tried valiantly to keep them, and even succeeded in a few areas - the intangibles were surprisingly easier than the tangibles - but not all. I had considered doing a recap/roundup of my achievements, near misses and complete failures, but decided against it. December would have been the right time to reflect on the year gone by; to do so now is counter-productive.

This year I am taking a new approach. Instead of listing my goals, this year I have a mission statement: 2009 is my annus mirabilis. It is my year of wonders, my year of miracles. It sounds very wishy-washy, but I want to focus on highlighting the good things that come my way in 2009, and so to do that effectively, each month I will highlight one event that I am grateful for. A miracle per month. It could be something small, it could be something very significant, either way, you will be reading about a multitude of things that I am grateful for this year.

January's miracle has already happened and while I haven't found the words to do it justice yet, I am searching when I find them you will read about it. Happy 2009.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chxta said...

A happy new year to you too.

1:45 PM  
Blogger aare said...

Sista,

Lets borrow a smile from your joy, share, share, share.

Your words are always adequate.

You do your self no justice.

btw, Happy new year!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

passo per caso nel tuo blog
un saluto from Italy, ciao

5:25 AM  
Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

happy new year!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home