Monday, May 08, 2006

My Dream Job

Pilgrimagetoself threw down the gauntlet and I accepted the challenge, so here goes:

My dream job


My dream job is on my mind 24/7 but I am reluctant to reveal the inner workings of the machine for fear that others will infringe on my plans. The general idea is to form a public-private partnered economic development agency. My focus will be on the Niger-Delta region.

Everyone who knows me will agree that I don't do mornings, so I would like my day to start at 10am, but I'm quite happy to keep going because there is nothing like the fire generated by genuine passion for your work.

An organisation on the scale that I have in mind needs bases in all the major economic powerhouses, so I will have identical offices in Lagos, New York, London, Mumbai, Tokyo etc. You get the gist. Although having a fleet of helicopters and private jets plus numerous vehicles would make my life easier, as an international jetsetter my carbon footprint will be the size of Everest. That means that based on my principles and respect for our planet, I'll be riding the bullet train from Lagos to Abuja, and taking the tram from my house to the office.

My attire will be dictated by my schedule, so if I am having a meeting at the corporate headquarters in Asaba, then my tailored Armani suit will be in effect. However if I am heading up to Kano to visit the corn fields and check on our ethanol refinery plant then I will be more than happy to don jeans and a t-shirt.

My clients/customers will be the whole world and the rest of Nigeria, who are just dying to get their foot in the door in the Niger-Delta, that hotbed of economic prosperity.

My core tasks will vary vastly depending on the global economic climate, my mission will always be to keep the Niger-Delta region on the front page of the Economist as they continue to marvel at the health of the beating heart of Nigeria.

The perks of my job will be numerous as I will be courted by Heads of State, Presidents and Kings the world over in efforts to secure my business, however they will be baffled to learn that in my organisation, it doesn't matter how much you try to ply me with gifts and priviledges....the contract will always be awarded to the best man for the job. Environmental blasphemy will not be tolerated.

My success will actually prove immeasurable as the changes in the region will of course give way to a knock on effect all over the country. In addition to economic prosperity, Nigeria will know a period of ethnic cohesion like never before, and even if I walk out not a penny richer...this my friends is reward enough for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Wow!!! I like this - writing it all down is the first step to achieving one's dreams.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

You go girl!!
I love your dream job. Mine sort of pales in comparison

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

need any help?

2:10 AM  
Blogger Monef said...

dude you know it'll be impossible without you!!

Just have to kidnap you and drag you to nigeria!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home